The card can be applied for by disabled individuals or by a representative or guardian for the disabled person. If you are applying on behalf of the individual then please complete the application as if you were the cardholder, their personal details will be used and not the person applying for the card on their behalf. Only those who are in receipt of qualifying disability benefits can apply for the card:
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Attendance Allowance (AA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Blue Badge
- Medical Evidence Letter
- Registered as a blind person or partially sighted
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
The documentary evidence must be up to date and will need to be uploaded as a single document as part of the application process. It must show the cardholders name and address and the expiry or review date of their relevant entitlement. A scan / photo of the first page of the document is all that is required.
The photo should be similar to the passport style and should be in jpeg format and will be uploaded as part of the application process.
Your photograph may be rejected and your application delayed unless it shows your:
- head and shoulders and not obscured in any way
- face clearly visible and facing forward
- glasses worn without reflective glare ( sunglasses are not acceptable, unless worn for medical reasons)
- head without any head covering, except worn for medical or religious reasons
- face against a clear background without shadow, preferably a white background.
- eye open and without red eye
Photographs of Children
- The youngster must be photographed on their own
- Dummies must be removed
- No toys visible
- Very young or severely disabled youngsters do not have to have their eyes open but their face must be visible and not obscured in any way.
Making your life easier
Leave your paperwork at home. This new style ID card is easy and simple and just one card!